Diocese of Southern Ohio
CoCL New Congregational Mission Grant 2018
The Commission On Congregational Life assists congregations and community of faith/practice to be viable Episcopal presences in their respective context by:
• Helping communicate the good news of Jesus Christ to all.
• Initiating and encouraging the founding of new congregations and communities of faith/practice utilizing the hallmarks of health as its guideline.
• Aiding the growth and change of existing congregations and communities of faith/practice and celebrating life therein utilizing the hallmarks of health.
• Assisting the closing and relocation of congregations and communities of faith/practice as may prove necessary.
As Episcopalians in the Diocese of Southern Ohio, we commit ourselves to
the common story
our common faith
our common prayer
the common cup
the common good
in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
This is our common ministry
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION
The completion of this application should be a collaborative effort between the clergy and the vestry/mission council.
DEADLINE: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 BY MIDNIGHT.
There will be NO exceptions.
Brevity is appreciated.
Please provide the following financial information:
• Balance Sheet as of June 30, 2017
• Financial Statement (Budget vs. Actual) through June 30, 2017
• 2018 Proposed Budget
If you receive a 2018 CoCL grant, the attendance of the clergy and lay leaders will be expected at the next Best Practices Conference, generally held each spring at Procter Center.
For questions please contact Cathy Bagot at
the Rev. Alexander Martin at
Congregation, Cluster, or Community of Faith and Practice requesting a CMG
Dollar amount of financial request from CoCL for 2018
Is your Congregation, Cluster, or Community of Faith & Practice up to date on your Mission Share contribution?
If not, please provide an explanation
Is your Congregation, Cluster, or Community of Faith & Practice up to date on your clergy/lay employee pension premium?
If not, please provide an explanation.
1. What ministries will a CMG enable the congregation/community of faith and practice to offer that it couldn't offer otherwise?
2. What transformational difference does the congregation/community of faith and practice hope to inspire through the efforts described in the response to question
3. Define your goals and objectives and tell us how the congregation/community of faith and practice will determine the effectiveness of the ministries/programs supported by a CMG?
4. What particular
Hallmarks of Health
will be supported through this CMG in 2018? (Please incorporate past and future use of the Hallmarks into your response)
5. What is your “Plan B” if the CMG is less than was requested? More than requested?
Balance Sheet as of June 30, 2017
Financial Statement (Budget vs Actual) as of June 30, 2017
Proposed Budget for 2018
Do Not Fill This Out